Duration: 7 days
The RYA Yachtmaster Preparation week for “Yachtmaster Coastal” and “Yachtmaster Offshore” Certificates of Competence are gained by examinations conducted by RYA Yachtmaster
It is a requirement for overseas examinations and also good practice to ensure you have the opportunity to become familiar with the yacht. And also your crew is plus to get an understanding of the examination and cruising area. The cruising area in the adriatic is perfect for exams with excellent pilotage opportunities good sailing winds and the warm weather definitaly makes it more enjoyable.
Please note the Yachtmaster preperation course is not designed to be teaching you sailing skills for the first time.
The Aim of the course is to polish and improve sailing performance and skills. You should read the full details of the exam requirements plus read the entire scheme syllabus in the G158 log book, we recommend doing before booking the course.
During the course you will visit some some if the 1000 islands in Croatia that will include the islands of Brac, Solta, Hvar and Vis all weather dependent, but expect to have an enjoyable training holiday.
PREREQUISITES YACHT MASTER OFFSHORE
It is essential that you satisfy all pre-requisites of mileage. Also make sure your experience and completed courses have been fulfilled prior to booking this preparation week. Do you want to refresh your sailing techniques? during the Yachtmaster preparation week there is plenty of opportunity to brush up on some of the areas that may be covered during your exam.
– Exam fee for this level is currently £215 paid direct to the RYA on your exam form.
– Minimum age: Candidates must be aged 18 or over.
– Radio Operator’s Qualification: A SRC VHF Radio or higher grade of marine radio certificate.
– First Aid: A valid First Aid certificate, only certain ones are accepted.
– RYA Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster Theory certificate within 2 years is strongly recommended.
– Sea Time: All within the last nine years in a hands on capacity on sailing yachts between 9 and 24 meters
– 50 days, periods of 24hours living aboard visiting different marinas.
After achieving Yachtmaster you may wish to add a Commercial Endorsement and STCW Basic Safety Training STCW2010/95. Once added and endorsed it will give you a wider scope for employment opportunities around the world. You may wish to convert to power through a RYA Sail to Motor Conversion Course. Converting would then make you become dual qualified