Week: 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29
Duration: 4 days
No prerequisites, this is a basic course. However, participants must be able to swim 200 meters in open water.
Viggbyholm, Täby (20 km northeast of Stockholm city) Daily courses 09.00 – 16.00
Course book “The basics of sailing” included
The instructors are Swedish and English speaking.
You learn to sail with dinghies, the foundation of all sailing. We learn basics in navigation, give-way, rigging, etc.
– Basics of sailing, sailing in different directions
– Basics of sailing, go higher and lower
– Basics of sailing, tacks and gybes, windeye
– Winds, wind forces, read winds
– Read weather, interpret a forecast
– Terms of sailing
– Seafare and safety, man-over-board (man-over-board not on dinghy courses)
– Throw ropes
– Give-way rules
– Sail care
– Navigation light
– Boat handling, maneuvering and docking, anchorage (anchorage not dinghy)
– Trim of the boat and sail, the bow of the sail, cunningham, outhaul, kick, rigg tension, balance in the boat
– Practice in sailing. For dinghy courses we practice capsizing