Week: 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29
Duration: 4 days
No prerequisites, this is a basic course. However, participants must be able to swim 200 meters in open water.
Viggbyholm, Täby (20 km northeast of Stockholm city) Daily courses 09.00 – 16.00
Course book « The basics of sailing » included
The instructors are Swedish and English speaking.
You learn to sail with dinghies, the foundation of all sailing. We learn basics in navigation, give-way, rigging, etc.
– Basics of sailing, sailing in different directions
– Basics of sailing, go higher and lower
– Basics of sailing, tacks and gybes, windeye
– Winds, wind forces, read winds
– Read weather, interpret a forecast
– Terms of sailing
– Seafare and safety, man-over-board (man-over-board not on dinghy courses)
– Throw ropes
– Give-way rules
– Sail care
– Navigation light
– Boat handling, maneuvering and docking, anchorage (anchorage not dinghy)
– Trim of the boat and sail, the bow of the sail, cunningham, outhaul, kick, rigg tension, balance in the boat
– Practice in sailing. For dinghy courses we practice capsizing